Be a part of the growing online higher-educational community. Search, Share and Grow with MERLOT…hey that rhymed.
MERLOT is a free and open online community of resources designed primarily for faculty, staff and students of higher education from around the world to share their learning materials and pedagogy. MERLOT is a leading edge, user-centered, collection of peer reviewed higher education, online learning materials, cataloged by registered members and a set of faculty development support services.
MERLOT’s strategic goal is to improve the effectiveness of teaching and learning by increasing the quantity and quality of peer reviewed online learning materials that can be easily incorporated into faculty designed courses.
MERLOT has created a variety of Community Portals categorized by discipline and program area to provide users with “one-stop shopping” centers for a broad spectrum of resources related to online teaching and learning. Community Portals provide MERLOT members with differentiated information about exemplary teaching strategies professional associations, journals, conferences, and other resources for continuous professional development.
Get started at merlot.org, where you can:
- Browse new online learning materials in different disciplines.
- View personal collections from educators in difference disciplines.
- Find learning exercises for your students in content specific areas.
- Find new colleagues across disciplines.
- Find Experts and Professional talks in the Virtual Speakers Bureau.